The Quality Assurance Analyst analyzes business, technical, and functional requirements during the software development cycle, transfers them into supporting test plans and/or scripts and executes those test plans/scripts in accordance with software test guidelines and standards. . The QA Analyst will also aid in defining and implementing software test guidelines, tools, and standards.
• Adhere to and propagate the software validation process, guidelines, and standards.
• Define and create thorough test scripts and ensure complete testing of applications.
• Plan and deliver testing by reading specifications, understanding business requirements, creating test matrices, writing test plans, defining test cases, and developing test scripts.
• Provide oversight and QA validation during software releases.
• Administer and control defect tracking database and oversee defect process resolution.
• Contribute to process improvements by providing input to departmental procedures related to software development.
• Promote a structured software development process. Assure that a state of control is maintained for in-house and outsourced software development.
• Participate in critical analysis, design, and change review meetings for software developed in house and by third parties.
• Coordinate software testing work schedules, requirements, and issues with other local and remote groups, including Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Software Development teams.
• Support outsourced software vendor audits and qualification.
• Provide software validation, design controls, and risk management training.
• Work with Developers, Analysts, and business partners on problem areas to define pertinent specifications for applications testing.
• Work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, dynamic environment under aggressive deadlines.
• Provide guidance to other team members (e.g., Business Analysts and Project Managers) on the QA process and use of QA tools such as HP Quality Center.